Monday, December 18, 2006

Oh the wonderful forgetfulness of my dear Jesus!

This story is told about one of the great Saints but I can't find the book I read it in and I don't remember which Saints it was (St. Margaret Mary something or other, I think) so we will call her Mary. She was a nun so we will call her sister Mary.

Sister Mary had a beautiful and deep prayer life. Sometimes Jesus would visit her in visions. One day He appeared to her and told her "I'm sending you a priest to be your spiritual guide and confessor. He's a very good friend of mine." Sister Mary was delighted and the next day, when a new priest came to the convent she greeted him happily and told him about her vision. The priest was skeptical at first. He wanted to be sure that sister Mary's visions were authentic. So he told her to bring him a sign. "Ask Our Lord what my last mortal sin was." So sister Mary went into her cell and prayed and Jesus appeared to her and she asked Him as the priest had told her to.

Jesus smiled. "I don't remember." He said

By this the priest knew that sister Mary's visions were authentic.

~*~
I think it's a pretty sweet story even if I can't give you a source.

No comments: