Thursday, December 21, 2006

More colors!


You remember Jessica? This is her friend Catherine. (Also wearing a black sweatshirt cause I was a mean stage manager and made everyone wear black long sleeves even when it was eighty-five degrees out side) I am not as pleased with her face. But I think I did better on her hair. As usual I got a bit lazy in some sections. That must be the hardest part for me; staying with is till it's perfect and not just trying to get it done after the fun parts are done. This color paper was harder to work with cause it did not blend in with her skin tone. I kind of like it that way. Her face and hair have such warm tones that it's nice to to have the cooler background for contrast.

In other news I made myself a pair of gauchos this week. I just went down stairs and found some left over fabric from Clara's formal (which she still has not finished) and got to it. I had a good time. The finished product was not too bad. They are very pirate-ish. I want to dress up. We let s college student borrow our dress up clothes and I don't know if we will ever get them back. This is very tragic cause my pirate boots were in there and so was my whole gypsy outfit. *SOB* I'll get them back some day.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Wow, Karendil--you never told me you were an artist! :) What medium did you use? Chalks?

Zita Louise said...

Colored pencils. You didn't know? Maybe I was so in awe of your talent I just never mentioned it before.

Anonymous said...

Karen,
A wonderful portrait! I too can't believe it's done entirely in pencil! No chalk for the flesh? You are definitely talented. Maybe it's time to start on your sisters' portraits. Lots of material there, and no lack of pretty girls (not excepting yourself).
Love,
Aunt Mary