Saturday, June 14, 2008
The Silver Chair
Whenever I go away from home I take a book. (Just like the main character in Inkheart by Cornelia Funeke, which is pretty good even thought it drags on forever) When I leave my natural context and go out where I'm not at home and people don't know me, I like to take a story that is part of me out too so I remember who I am. It's usually a Narnia book. Silver Chair almost always gets picked because of the Burnt Marshwiggle. I have to remember that I'm a Narnian and, no matter how far from Narnia I am or how unreal it seems. I ought to live like a Narnian always. It's a journey story and that makes it good to take on journeys. And because in the first chapter Eustace lets Jill in on his terrific secret even though she might laugh at him. Terrific Secrets like that are meant for sharing and you have to take the risk. Christ is my terrific secret.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment