I am making myself a list. It's quite a mixed bag. Some very silly books and some are recognized Classics. Some are important because of a single paragraph or page that meant something to me. Some I have read over and over because ever word is precious. They are all stories that have shaped me some how. So I think I will put the list in my side bar and maybe tell you about a few of them briefly.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Book shelf
I'm looking at my book shelf and thinking about stories. If there is one thing that competes with music as the most important cultural force in my life it is stories. Like I said earlier, I didn't read till I was twelve but I heard lots of stories. My mother read to me and Dana read to me and there were books on tape. (Those little cassette tapes that no one uses anymore were a Huge part of my childhood.) In a way you really are what you read and especially when you are a child. I was thinking about what I would bring off my books shelf to college, if I go to a far away college. It was terrible cause I would want to take all the books that stuck and all the stories that are especially well written so I can look and see how it's done.
I am making myself a list. It's quite a mixed bag. Some very silly books and some are recognized Classics. Some are important because of a single paragraph or page that meant something to me. Some I have read over and over because ever word is precious. They are all stories that have shaped me some how. So I think I will put the list in my side bar and maybe tell you about a few of them briefly.
I am making myself a list. It's quite a mixed bag. Some very silly books and some are recognized Classics. Some are important because of a single paragraph or page that meant something to me. Some I have read over and over because ever word is precious. They are all stories that have shaped me some how. So I think I will put the list in my side bar and maybe tell you about a few of them briefly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I wrote a list of all the books I couldn't part with, and it came to more than 50...which will not fit in a tiny dorm! Sadly I will have to narrow it down a lot.:(
Post a Comment