I am trying to drill intervals and triads and seventh chords by ear on This Cool Theory Page but the intervals were putting me to sleep even when I was only drilling minor intervals which are not exactly the stuff of lullabies. So I must type about something else to keep myself awake. I refuse to nap!!! I will not be a sleep deprived college student! I had plenty of sleep last night.
So, today is All Hallow's eve. The day before All Saints Day. A rather controversial day in some Christian circles. As always there are a lot of pagan traditions which the Christians converted and then the secularists turned pagan again. I hate it when that happens. Did you know that the tradition of Trick-or-treating comes, in part (it's complicated), from an All Souls Day tradition. Each household would bake little cakes and attach the name of a family member or friend who had died that year to them. They called them soul cakes. The poor would go door to door collecting these cakes and in return they would say a prayer for the soul to which the cake was dedicated. That's one of those odd Catholic practices. Personally, I think it's a great idea, but it is a little odd. The dressing up is in mockery of Satan cause even if it is the night before all saints day, he still can't get us cause like the Saints, we belong to God.
That's what it was about before the secularists got to it: a crazy mix of traditions, fun, and piety, as all true Holy Days should be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment