Karen has two hours of dead time every morning between English Literature and Music Theory. Of course there is homework to do and girls club talks to write and all that important stuff. But is that what I am doing with the laptop I have rented for the two hours? No. But to my credit I'm not on Facebook either. I'm on project play list typing in the titles or first lines of random song I only half remember. I'm in the mood for gospel and spirituals lately. It's very cheerful and hopeful but also quite aware that there are plenty of reasons not to be cheerful and hopeful.
For your information, the voice common to the two duets (Music in the Air and Have a little talk with Jesus) is "sister" Rosetta Tharpe. According to Wikipedia, Rosetta was revolutionary in gospel music because she mixed the jazz and blues and early rock styles into her church music. She shocked the people she sang in church with and was wildly popular with her secular audience. All sorts of people including Elvis name her as an inspiration or a favorite.
I don't know who is singing This Little Light of Mine. But I thought it sounded pretty good. So there it is.
And there is some music from Sister Act and Sister Act II and I know that's just sick and wrong but I can't help it. I like it. As a matter of principal I have to hate those movies but I'm a sucker. I hope I never hear that particular version of the Hail Holy Queen in church but it sure is fun on it's own, even with the phony Latin. The second one was better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Who is Karen? And what did she do to Zita? I want Zita back.
Post a Comment