Monday, November 05, 2007

St. Zita's Project

Remember how I chose St. Zita as my confirmation Saint cause she has all the virtues and qualities that I lack but wish I had? She was a servant and a cook, which are both things I am Not At All by nature. I've always told her that if she wanted me to be a servant at all when I grew up, she would have to make me her project. She and God have teamed up to make me a servant. It's a long process and it's not nearly done. Most of the time I don't notice, it has to do with taking Maleny out to find some pirate boots or doing CC's kitchen job one night while she's away. Most of the time I'm stubborn and don't take the hints. It just occurred to me as I was walking home from Jessie's house tonight that St. Zita was working on teaching me the other half of her earthly profession. I have my English class, and art and music theory but St. Zita signed me up for a cooking class on the sly. For the last few weeks Jessie has needed me less cause she has had other care takers there throughout the day. She's been getting creative thinking of things for me to do. I walk in and she has found some recipe in her book that she has always wanted to make and wouldn't it be fun to try it? We've started simple with custard and chicken soup, banana bread. Someday, she promises me, we will try something really adventurous. I had enough trouble with the banana bread. It's not so bad, I guess.

No comments: