Monday, April 30, 2007

As I was saying...


It's been a really long three weeks. Between Easter and the house remodel and planning the girls club retreat, I haven't had nearly as much time as I would like to goof off on here. But now, at long last, the house is mostly finished, the retreat is over (and it went fairly well,) things are settling back into their normal routine. So this is a quick post to say I'm back. Expect the SPLATness to be coming at you in large quantities in the near future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring it on sister! Um, well let me restate that... Bring it on niece! hehe.

Anonymous said...

Cute photo! I like your braids, camouflage cap, and secret little smile. I was trying to read the rock words. I got as far as "Karen is a …" What's the last word?

Congratulations on your successful retreat!

Which country did St. Zita live in? And when?
Why is she a saint?

Your Aunt Mary

Zita Louise said...

Glad you like it. The rocks say 'Karen is here'. It was going to say 'Karen was here' but 'w' turned out to be a difficult letter to make with the little rock shards.

St. Zita is Italian :D and she lived in the thirteenth century. She led a very simple and seemingly uneventful life as a domestic servant. But, like all Saints, she was canonized for her example of heroic virtue. In Zita's case; patience, fortitude, generosity, devotion to work and prayer, and piety. All things Karen needs to work on. I'm St. Zita's project child. Her very obscurity and the un-eventfulness of her life was one of the things that was attractive to me when I was picking a confirmation Saint. I like the idea that you don't have to be someone important to the world or really visible in the world to be a Saint. You can spend your whole life working as a cook, just doing your best wherever God puts you, and still be a great Saint.