Thursday, March 01, 2007

How'd it go?

Well, that's over.
The audition was really fun. After the singing was over that is. Clara says I didn't do so badly but I don't agree. There were not very many people auditioning so once everyone was done we got to do cold readings. That was really fun. I got to play a step sister and the Fairy Godmother and Cinderella a few times. Of course I figured out how I ought to have played Cinderella as soon as I was done with her scene. And I had all sorts of ideas for the Fairy Godmother and then the director told me she had to be motherly. She says in the script that she is made up of all Cinderella's most beautiful dreams, wishes and hopes. I can't help but think that a person made up entirely of Cinderella's dreams wouldn't not have the firmest grasp on reality. So I was all ready to play her kind of egotistical and flighty when the director said she should be the sort of kind motherly person that a girl would imagine for herself when her real mother has died. Darn. The stepsister was a blast of course. I've never been cast to play that sort of roll but it's sure fun to play around with it. Self centered and stupid is one of the easier things to act and it's a lot of fun.
Anyway, I'm not cast but I am really glad I auditioned. It was really fun and I learned a lot. It's just nice to get to act a little after two years.
Yesterday I found out that the trip I hope to be taking with the chant schola starts on the day before Cinderella closes. So I had to call the director and tell her I had to pull out. I think she was kind of relived because she had SO many talented people to cast. We had a pleasant talk about theater in general and she said I'll be getting things e-mailed me about auditions for other things. Now that I've seen how the system works in other theaters beyond CYT I'll be more able to jump on in. We shall see. The cast list comes out sometime today. I hope Clara and CC got in.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Auditions, fun?? *shudders* I'm always so glad when it's over... :)

Hey, I found that musical rant you wrote so long ago. I added a comment even though it's an old post, seeing as how it was dedicated to me and all. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep trying girl, you are too talented not to ya know?