AAAHH! I'm auditioning for a musical in about a half an hour!!! I can't believe I'm doing this. I don' t have time, I don't have any talent, I don't have the guts! *big breath * I love theater. I'm auditioning for Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. Not one of my favorite musicals (the script is not particularly brilliant.) but it's Rogers and Hammerstin after all. So the music is really fun. I must be crazy. Earlier this year I was realizing that I probably won't do any more theater if I don't start again soon. I was going to audition for The Sound of Music (a much better musical) but they were playing while I am (hopefully) going to be gone. So I was giving up on the stage but then Saturday a director I know sent me an audition reminder for Cinderella. She directed Anne of Green Gables and something possessed her to cast me as Anne. I guess this should give me some hope of being cast but it really doesn't help much... at all. I get SO nervous I tend to shake and loose my sense of balance and black out. Not a nice experience in all. I'm not singing a big, loud, silly song this time. I decided to break down and act my age for once. No more Veggi Tales and "On Top of Spaghetti." I had such a terrible time trying to think of a song I actually had memorized that lasted sixty seconds. I'm just going to sing a song I like to sing around the house. And only a verse and a half of it at that. Maybe the fact that I sing it all the time will help when I loose consciousness. It starts with my feet, and slowly moves up. It's amazing how much of your body you can loose control of in sixty seconds. One of the last things I remember from my last audition was that I was supposed to lift my hand (I can't remember why) above my head and it only made it to to hip level. Then there is a blank spot in my memory though they tell me I got through the rest of the song. The next thing I remember is half tripping down the stairs of the stage. There was nothing left of my knees by that time.
I should probably stop typing about this soon or I'll just make matters worse.
Here I go again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope it went well!
Post a Comment