Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Four beat pattern

My schola friend Teresa took her conducting final this semester. She conducted a Palastrina Mass for us and it was lovely. We were all so proud of her. I think she will be a really great conductor. She wants to teach middle school choir. This makes me thing she is a very brave woman. Anyway, she let me take pictures of her hands while she conducted for my art project. I did one page for each beat in a four beat conducting pattern. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out. My teacher spent most of the semester telling me not to be so careful so I was proud that I got these done in about ten minutes a page.
Down Beat


Beat Two

Beat Three Beat Four or the Up Beat

1 comment:

Leah said...

Oh, I really like those, Karen! I think my favorite is the first one, I love the colors in the hand. I also like the last one a lot, it seems the hand is pulling the music together.

What an interesting assignment...draw fifty hands. I should assign that to myself.:P