Saturday, December 01, 2007
Fire of Hope is our only warmth
Have I mentioned that Advent is absolutely my favorite part of the Church year? I think I say that about Holy Week too. But it's not Holy Week now, it's Advent. Or it will be tomorrow. We can't listen to Christmas music in my house until the first Sunday of Advent. I've been waiting FOREVER and I really NEED to sing Christmas carols now. So I was on project playlist looking for nice Christmas music to put up here and I found one of my favorite obscure Advent songs of all time. I can't believe that had it! I wanted an a cappella recording of Veni Emanuel but of course they didn't have that. But they did have Night of Silence. Not a very well preformed version but I LOVE this song SO much that I don't really care. Christmas is not complete unless we sing it. I'm so glad they have guitar in this version. That's important for me cause my dad plays it. Anyway, that made me happy. I should do homework now. I'm not out of school till most of Advent is over but I will make the most of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I didn't know Night of Silence was considered to be an obscure Christmas song. It's quite pretty when done well.
Post a Comment