The rumors are true. I am attending the community college. I finally gave in to all the social pressure and signed up and filled out all the financial aid forms and took the placement test to prove that I could read and made myself look somewhat normal on paper while fighting my desire to be perfectly honest and tell the college that my high school philosophy class consisted of a long, in depth conversation on the internet with an atheist from Denmark about the nature of good, evil, suffering, and free will. That was a long sentence. It was an interesting process that ended in a head ache and a bag full of over priced text books. I didn't have four or more years of training in high school to prepare me for all the carrying of books. My shoulders hurt. I'm going to invest in a rolling back pack. So far that's the only draw back to my previous home education. I'm doing pretty well in all of my classes and all that. I'm excited for the part where it gets hard, academically, that is. The getting up before the sun, riding the bus with weirdos and generally not having as much time as I formally enjoyed for the important things in life, like reading and playing with little brothers is hard. Good grief, that's a long sentence too.
I'm taking an Literature class in which our teacher thinks of elaborate ways to keep us busy so she doesn't have to talk. But it requires reading so I can enjoy that. I don't like Greek tragedies, but next we get to read Shakespeare so I should be ok.
My music theory class is getting more fun now. We are getting to things I am less familiar with. It's good to review. I hope we get to some new stuff before the semester ends.
And my art class. In this one I can tell that I'm learning. Ouch. But it's a good kind of ouch. I've never had an excuse to buy all sorts of art supplies I don't know anything about. Then suddenly I found myself in an art store with a long list of things that I was required to have. (YeeeHaaa!) It made me very happy. Now, where can I use these things without risking my brother's digestive system? That is the question. I got to use charcoal for the first time. All sorts of good stuff like that.
So, that's what I'm "Up To" for all of you who ask regularly. And if you miss my more regular posting, you can blame formal education.
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You posted it! *GASP*
Oh, and I don't like that quote. You were stressed and in a bad mood and we only laughed every.... oh never mind. :D
Ooh fun I'm taking an art class too! I loved shopping for that class. :P
Post a Comment