In other news: I finished the portrait I've been working on for the last month ( or since I finished the last one.) It's a whole different experience drawing someone you know. The other two girls I have drawn were brief acquaintances whom I will probably never be in close contact with again and they will never probably see their portraits.
I will resist the urge to tell everyone what is wrong with the picture. That's a bad habit I'm trying to break.
This is my dear cousin Teresa whom I love very much. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I hope she likes it. I'm half hoping she won't see it. I think I'll have to try again some day and hopefully get it looking a little more like her.

I'm sick. I have a terrible cough. I just thought I'd let everyone know and feel sorry for me. I can't sing. That's the worst part. Karen is very unhappy when she can't sing. I wish I'd just get a fever like my sisters did and go to bed. As it is I'm well enough to want to be doing things (like singing) and too sick to do them. I hate that. Maybe I'll go play my violin very mournfully.

5 comments:
If the need ever arose dear one I'd be your Valentine. Of course I may be too slow on the actual uptake to beat a speeding bullet but I'd try! Good writing on this site and an all around good time to be had by all brave enough to stop by! Love you girl. Happy Valentine's day to you too.
Aunty MJ
P.S. Do you mind if I link to your page w/ my MySpace page? That way I can direct very select friends to the wonderfulness that is my niece =)
Gee, thanks Aunt Marilee I'll be your Valentine too. Luckily not a lot of people are trying to shoot at either of us.
I don't mind if you link to me on your myspace.
Sweet! Alrighty then, I'll be adding your addy to my site today =) Oh and I guess I failed to mention or comment upon your newest painting/drawing but it is Ab Fab darling! If I were sans Lupus I'd raise a glass of extremely intoxicating something or other to it, but as I am and I can't we'll have to settle for a mug of hot Earl Grey tea w/ (dare I say it?) sugar! ACK!
Much love to you dear. MJ
My dear Karendil, even if you don't like it, I think the drawing turned out really good. You use colors so masterfully. Good on you, mate!
I love the legend of St. Valentine. I wish people celebrated it with him in mind, instead of hideous stuffed gorillas that dance and sing "Wild Thing."...
Post a Comment