Saturday, November 11, 2006

Lunch

Another unpublished bit of nonsense from this summer. I have cabin fever and refuse to post about it. What sort of egotistical person thinks every one wants to hear about their day and how annoying their little sisters are? But I have to post something! So I'm wasting your time with silly rants about my lunch and how annoying my little sisters are. Because there's a BIG difference. Enjoy.
~*~
I hate food. I'm one of those weird people who forget to eat lunch cause there are so many other things they would rather be doing. I don't like to eat. I was really hungry today. I only had one bowl of Rice Checks for breakfast. Rice Checks are like glue. If, as a child, you leave a milk saturated Rice Check on your chair over night, it will still be there when your kids eat their first Rice Check. It sticks to your teeth and becomes a natural (sort of) filling. There was a spoon that had a Rice Check stuck to it and it went through the dishwasher four times before some one finally got out a chisel and hammered the stupid breakfast cereal off. I only felt like eating one serving of glue this morning. By 11:30 I was starving. I guess it doesn't stick to your stomach very well. It's amazing how your refrigerator can be full of nothing to eat. With all the differing tastes in my family I have grown accustom to making compromises. I have three younger sisters who are picky and they are much more assertive than I am about food details. I pick my battles. I guess I'm picky too. But It's not that important to me whether my milk is 2% or non-fat. So i always loose the food battle. There is nothing to eat. Lots of food but nothing to eat. Mom is nagging me about how I need to pray for the grace to enjoy food enough to be creative about it. Maybe I will have a cheese sandwich. I ought to have something more than that. I need a vegetable. i don't get enough greens. We have pickles. Cheese and pickle sandwich. Oh look there are tomatoes on the counter. At this point my ten year old sister is yelling to mom that I've gone crazy.
"She's making herself a cheese and pickles sandwich!!"
Mom: "Maybe you should just have a tuna sandwich."
Yeah. It looks like I'm coming up with a tuna sandwich without the tuna. So much for being creative.
It took me forty minutes to make my sandwich. Five Minutes to make some sickeningly sweet strawberry kiwi juice. One minute to figure out that I don't like Strawberry kiwi juice and to add fizzy water and less than a minute to decide that the fizzy water was flat. Than I eat my sandwich and tried to enjoy it. It's just not worth the trouble. I guess if you spend enough time on it, you will be so hungry that you won't care what it tastes like.

No comments: