Thursday, June 08, 2006

I think I am going through a mid life crisis.

I can feel my body getting stiffer. I can still touch my foot to my ear but I find it hard to swing on my stomach anymore. I don't get around in my back yard tree as well as I used to. I can't do the monkey bars as fast. I get stiff necks and sore feet. It hurts allot more when I fall down. I find that I am not as eager to play right after dinner. I had a friend over and all we did was talk. I'd rather read than rollerblade. I'm over the hill. My body is on it's way down. I feel like I've waisted my youth. I'm much too old to ice skate in the Olympics. I've lost forever my chance to be a child prodigy. I'm too old to learn to dace or play an instrument, of speak another foreign language fluently. I'm too tall for the go-carts. I have to pay extra at the movies and the amusement park. I don't get into the public pool for free anymore. No one tells me how much I've grown, or how cute I am anymore. My friends look at me funny when I ask if they would like to play hide and seek. I am thrilled with cloths for Christmas. I'm too old for an allowance. I have to get a job. People don't ask me what I want to do when I grow up; they ask me what I am doing with my life.

I just turned nineteen.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

"I had a friend over and all we did was talk."

*sighs* We'll have to avoid that in the future won't we.

"I'm much too old to ice skate in the Olympics."

Depressing isn't it?

"I'm too old to learn to dace or play an instrument"

Lies! All lies!

Cecilia said...

I love it how you spelled *a lot "Allot.
bahahhaha.
yup. ya just turned 19. ;)