Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just cause



I've always liked Star Wars. Until I was in high school, I took it a bit too seriously and I used to get really upset when people mocked it. Then I kind of figured it out. Mocking it is half the fun. It's very mock-able. The new ones are maybe not as fun as the old ones because they are not as mock-able in a fun way. The script was still dumb, as it should be. The acting was terrible, with a few exceptions, as always. The monsters and villains were still pretty awesome (except that droid with a cough. That was SO dumb. I was really glad when Obi Wan finally killed him). There was some good space battles and saber fights. But it seemed like some things, the whole romance for example, was taken WAY too seriously. Anikin was just not Han Solo. We skip the Anikin and Amidala scenes and watch Obi Wan. He just more entertaining.
But there were moments of brilliants. Of course, the music is probably the most brilliant thing about Star Wars. I once tried to figure out why, exactly, I liked Star Wars and I finally concluded that it was just because the music was so cool. All those bits of music have become icons.
And all of the themes in the video too.
I love this video. I like it that there are no Star Wars themes in it. So, I'm all proud of myself for being able to identify all the themes. The only one I had to look up was the ET theme, which is the only one I've seen.

There's no point to this post, in case any of you were wondering. I've never posted a video before. I'm avoiding homework.

1 comment:

Leah said...

That is a really funny video--and exactly why I love the original trilogy much better than new one.

In the original the actors didn't even take their roles all that seriously. It was funny. But after a generation of fans, suddenly words like hyper-space and lightsaber were holy, and the people making the new movies took it all so seriously--no fun!