So, this could be God, or it could just be me avoiding my homework.
I was doing an extensive scholarship search. In filling out my profile on one web site, I also filled out the profile for the college search and I came up with a list of thirty colleges that I was not going to look at. I glanced through to see if the colleges I actually applied for turned up. (Adam's State didn't make it) but I noticed that the scholarship stats for one school were way higher than the others so I casually clicked on it.
It's a Catholic school in Grand Rapids, Michigan, called Aquinas College. It didn't come up on my college board searches because it doesn't offer a major in creative writing, or composition. On closer examination, however, I found out that the course list, for writing at least, is far more extensive than the major requirements at some of the other schools I'm looking at.
So I continued. My AA will count for all the core requirements except the theology requirement. *nods approvingly* Shows signs of actually being a decent school as far as Cathlicity goes. (what a concept!) Free aplication online.
Okay. At this point I started filling out the app on a whim. Every few minutes I would think of somthing else I wanted to check and I would open a new window and check it out.
The voice teacher is into opera... and musical theater...and women composers... and (wonder of wonders) chant. No kidding.
Other exciting thing abound.
So I will be exploring this more int he next few weeks. It was just so crazy to find it when I wasn't even looking. I should go to bed now. Just wanted to tell someone about this because I'm all excited. I would LOVE to go to a Catholic school! Even a nominally Catholic one.
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, that's crazy cool! I hope this will be an option for you!
It does sound like a miracle, you happening on Aquinas College like that. I hope the miracles keep happening.
Mary
Post a Comment