Sunday, March 02, 2008

God sightings

It's been a really long quarter. I always tell myself that I'm going to make time for the things that are important to me, even the slightly silly things, like this blog. That gets to be a long list and then homework gets in the way. It's almost spring break thank goodness, just a few more weeks. Life's been crazy but I dislike blogging about my life in that normal 'this is what I did this week' way. I'll update you on that later perhaps.
It's Lent. It's cold and foggy when I shuffle to the bus stop ever morning. Lately it's been too warm for my heavy coat on the way home. That's a hopeful sign. Today is Laetare Sunday. Rejoice! Even in Lent we take a quick break in the middle to bring back the organ and sing some rejoicing songs. We sang about Jerusalem at Mass this evening. That's a hopeful sign too. Easter and Spring will be here soon.
It's been one of those weeks where I am reminded that God really does have an idea of where he wants me to be next year, next week, tomorrow and even right now. There have been a lot of moments lately where God has sort of dropped things in my lap. Those things I was worried about but not going to stress over cause God was taking care of it. He really does get to them. I just have to go with His little nudges every moment. Easier said than done. He has also suddenly taken things out of my life. That hurts a little because I've grown so used to having them and they were important to me for so long and then He says "You don't need this anymore. It's alright to let it go. I have somewhere else for you to be." I just have to be at peace about it and trust that this is really His will and not me being lazy or giving up too soon. And I thought I did a lot of growing last year. :P

Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion; the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall never be shaken. As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, to the Lord is round about His people, from this time forth and for evermore.

No comments: