Opera tastes like spaghetti. When ever I hear La Traviata I think of my dad and my grandparents and I smell spaghetti. It's so much fun to be Italian.
Opera is an acquired taste. And that doesn't mean it's something you like if you are forced to listen to it and there is nothing else available; like freeze dried meals. No one really likes them but you definitely acquire a taste for it when your other option is a peanut butter flavored power bar.
Opera is like the spaghetti sauce my dad makes with four or five cloves of garlic; it's REALLY good, but NOT for the fainthearted. You have to redefine your idea of what is normal cause it's a little bit extreme but once you do there are whole new levels of enjoyment to be explored.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I wish I could love opera...the same way I wish I could love caviar. :P No, I think I just have to hear a really good opera, with someone else who loves it. :)
Isn't that funny how everyone is so partial to their family's spaghetti? My mom makes ours with Italian sausage. I hate it when people just use ground beef for the meatballs. :P
Post a Comment