Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Great List of things I learned this summer.

  1. Don't put styrofoam in the oven. It will melt and evaporate into a foul smelling fume and ruin your dinner.
  2. Camping in a marsh may result in a wet sleeping bag.
  3. I can make a chicken soup! Sort of.
  4. When you start seeing big gray patches where the face of the person next to you should be, it's probably a sign of an oncoming migraine head ache. Going to bed immediately is advised. Running up and down stairs, hills and eating giant breakfasts are NOT recommended.
  5. Never underestimate my father's ability to make last minute plans.
  6. Remember that when ever you run down a hill, you will eventually have to climb up it again.
  7. When challenging your twelve-year-old cousin to a water fight, make sure you have a bigger gun.
  8. Beethoven piano sonatas must be listened to with my dad narrating to be fully enjoyed.
  9. Maleny thinks she's invincible. When you agree to teach her to ride her bike, be aware of this fact.
  10. You can get almost anything you want using only monosyllable words like "ai," "uh," and "umm" and pointing at things, but you have to have have Big Blue Eyes and a mouth full of only five teeth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Six. Six teeth, and just so you know, he's on my lap now using his monosylables to ask me to turn on the visualizer to acompany your excelent choice of background music. Apparently you haven't taught him that only the mac does that. I think you should have written about your non verbal blogging assistant.

Zita Louise said...

Yeah, that was the other thing I learned: David can be entertained for hours by some music (just about anything but he does have his favorites) and the iTunes visualizer.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that Maleny is old enough to ride a bike. Of course I didn't have a bike until I was 12.
Of course, your dad works at a bike shop.
I guess it's not that hard to believe after all.