Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy place

Well, I'm only taking 15 credits this semester, instead of 17-18. I'm sure this phenomenon of so little homework will not last, but I'm taking advantage of the extra time right now for things I really want to be doing.

I have a ton of art supplies that I brought from home. I hardly ever get to use them on my own projects, I generally end up using them for homework. My studio art class this semester is painting 2 so all that work has to be done in the studio on campus. No drawing to be done at home, so...

 I'm working on some things I started last summer. This picture of Ceci makes me wish she was here, especially since my room mates sister, who is Ceci's age, is coming over to play games tonight.
I am in my happy place. A lovely snowy day out my window, our desk covered in colored pencils and my music playing. I'm having fun aplying what I'm learning in painting to color mixing with pencils. It's a different sort of game, but I think I can learn a lot switching back and forth between pencils mixing on the page, and paints mixed on the pallet. I hope I can keep up this kind of stuff on weekends at least.

1 comment:

Mrs. David Mannino said...

I love your music. It is nice to listen to while looking at your desk. I never imagined you had such a nice set up. : ) It sure makes being grown up feel nice when one has a nice home to go to with beautiful wood furnishings. AND wonderful music to listen to.