Here I am trying to remember what it is like to live in my family. It is SO good to have the noise and activity back. Really. I have played a lot with David and Maleny, who have both grown and changed while I was gone. Especially David. It's been great. I hope that they will let me get a conversation or two in with my other siblings and parents.
When I got to school, I realized that I had nothing to say for the first few weeks. I was lucky when someone was being nice and asked about me, because that was really the only topic on which I was a knowledgeable source. I found myself telling people all about my family with very little provocation. After a while I realized that people didn't care. And I don't do a very good job of describing my family. They are a little odd; you kind of have to meet them to understand.
So here I am, back in the nut house. I have mentioned on this blog how close I am to my family. When I make a friend, they get the rest of the family in the deal. There is no getting away from it. That's kind of the definition of a friend; someone I can take home who will put up with my family and even enjoy it a little.
I really want to take my new friends home with me. I can feel a long ramble of descriptions and anecdotes with no punch lines coming on. The thing is, my family is still steadily living the everyday and have generously made room for me again. They are no more interested in my friends than my friends were in my family in those first few weeks of school. I knew it would be hard to reintegrate myself into my family when I came back. I guess I didn't expect that I would have so much to catch them up on, and then not be able to. Oh, wow. I am having trouble writing sentences that make sense. And my teachers say I write so clearly...
*Banghead*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hm, I guess our lives don't necessarily follow us around the way we think they should. Sometimes that's a good thing. Other times that's kind of a lonely place to be. Glad you're enjoying your time at home. Thanks for making time on Facebook for me. Oh, and I went to choral Evensong at the Cathedral today and thought of schola the entire time.
Post a Comment