Friday, December 26, 2008

Found my sketch book.

Last fall (as some of you may remember) I took my very first ever art class. As soon as the quarter was over we switched bedrooms and a bunch of my stuff didn't fit in the bedroom I moved to so we boxed it up and put it in the basement where it was quickly buried with the dinosaurs. When we brought our Christmas decorations our from under the stairs we uncovered several other boxes that we haven't seen in a long time.My sketchbook was in one of those boxes so I rescued it today.
It will have to go back soon, as there is still no room for it in my bedroom, but not before I scan and post some of the pictures.

Here are a few more hands. My favorites from this assignment.
Clara posed for the glass one. I did the line drawing and then did it again in charcoal which was really fun.




David and his toy "Yellow Man" who looks mostly grey.


My poor neglected violin.


And Maleny eating some soup.

That was fun. I'll probably post a few other things.
Update on schools: Adam's State offers an art scholarship for which I would have to send in some examples of work. I want to go for whatever I can, of course, but I'm not sure what I should send in. I think the charcoal wine glass would be nice. But I really have no idea what I'm doing with that sort of thing. I'm going to talk to my art teacher when it starts getting closer to the deadline.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have Dinosaurs in our basement?!!