Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Wrong airport
I had a long conversation with a Muslim... I guess it was three weeks ago. That was interesting. We talked about the Koran (Quran? Qur'an?) for a while. He was trying to get me to question the origins of the Bible but take the authority of the Koran without any scrutiny. The Bible was written too long after Jesus died to have described Him accurately while the Koran has incredible detail about His life. He moved on quickly when I asked him how many years after the death of Christ the Koran was written. He was trying to convince me that Jesus was not God. For some reason he seemed to think that if God were going to become man (and He would never bother doing such a silly thing) He would do it in a more extraordinary way. Becoming a baby was too normal. I tried to explain to him that He did it out of love but at that point we got to the air port and I handed him a terrible wad of bills and promised myself never to be caught at the wrong air port with out a car again. Taxi drivers are scary enough without trying to convert you to Islam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment