Saturday, June 09, 2007
Ring Bling
My last jewelry class was yesterday and I finished up my ring.
If I had had the wax for another week I would have done some more with the band and made it a little less heavy but I am pretty pleased with it in general. I think I may have to take this class again, in the fall perhaps. I was floating when I got home last week cause our teacher asked me if I was interested in wax carving seriously cause she knows a jeweler who is looking to train a new wax carver. She said I had a natural skill for it. Ego Boost! Or maybe she was just being sweet. Mom thinks I should look into it. I sure did have a good time. I definitely want to do some more jewelry work. 3D is incredibly fun to work with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That would be an awesome thing to get into. My cousins are goldsmiths: the wife sketches and designs the jewelry, the husband makes it. They go all over the world to buy the precious stones. It's pretty cool.
Post a Comment